Switch problem when using a push button

Moderators: grovkillen, Stuntteam, TD-er

casi99
Normal user

Switch problem when using a push button

#1 Post by casi99 » 26 Sep 2015, 22:43

Hello all,
I hope any body can help me.
I accounter a problem by the config of an push button.

I have running domoticz and an ESP8266 Version 12 (Olimex dev board and also tried an ESP01). Everything is configured in domoticz, like an normal switch.

If you press the virtual button in domom you can switch on/off the relay, no problem occurred. If you use a push button, on the olimex dev board or attached to an ESP01. the relais turn on and after a while (2 to 4 seconds) off. If you inverse the switch in ESPeasy it will be vice versa .

I already find out that this is no problem of domo, everything there work correctly. The problem is that ESPeasy send to informations: first one by pressing the push button (send will be "1") and when it is released the second one (send will be "0")

Example:

Virtual switch in domo is on and you push and release the physical button the relay turned off --> working correct
Virtual switch in domo is off and you push and release the physical button the relay turned on and after a few seconds it turned off --> thats not correct

Question one: can this be handled by domo with an workaround?
Question two: can be added to the switch list (PWM,Switch) and additional function like pushbutton which sends only out a "toggle"? e.g. first time the pushbutton is pressed it will send 0, second time it will send 1 third time it will send 0 and so on.

br
Carsten
2xESP8266 Olimex dev. board for testing
5xESP8266-01 for dimmer, switches, relays
2xESP8266-12E for relays and dimmer

Martinus

Re: Switch problem when using a push button

#2 Post by Martinus » 27 Sep 2015, 11:21

To my knowledge, the current input switch works as designed. So if I understand correctly, this is not a bug report but a feature request?

Martinus

#3 Post by Martinus » 27 Sep 2015, 15:24

casi99 wrote:Question two: can be added to the switch list (PWM,Switch) and additional function like pushbutton which sends only out a "toggle"? e.g. first time the pushbutton is pressed it will send 0, second time it will send 1 third time it will send 0 and so on.
This part is build in R25 on github. Let us know if it solve the issues in your situation.

casi99
Normal user

#4 Post by casi99 » 29 Sep 2015, 13:57

Hello,
yes, it was no bug and a feature request.
I will test it today, in a few hours when the kids were sleeping ;-)
Thanks in advance
Carsten

casi99
Normal user

#5 Post by casi99 » 29 Sep 2015, 16:24

Hello all,

wow, very good. It is working well so far and I will install it today in my homecontrol for testing.
Thank you very much!!!! :mrgreen: :D :mrgreen:

br
Carsten

PS: now the next component will be tried: DHT22